If you have had water damage in the house, how do you know if you need water damage cleanup services?
Even If you have a small leak, don’t think that it will not be a big problem because a small leak can lead to significant safety and health issues.
It can also damage your contents, including electronics.
Water can travel long distances when allowed and could end up damaging your ceilings, walls, and flooring.
So make sure to find the source of the leak as soon as possible.
If for any reason you feel that this is overwhelming or too big to handle, Insurance Restoration Pro are specialists in Water Damage cleanup and our certified technicians are here to help you at any time and also can give you a free estimate.
So call now to experience quick and trustable service in Chilliwack and the Fraser Valley.
What is the Water Restoration Service?
Only a few inches of water can cause severe damage to your home.
Our Water Restoration Service is a process in which our highly trained technicians with proper equipment will remove the water, scientifically dry out all your building components, as well as repair all the damage it caused.
Insurance Restoration Pro will take the stress off your hands and get your life back to normal like it never happened.
What are some causes of Water Damage?
Water damage can be caused by natural disasters as well as by man mistakes, but both can cause severe issues that can easily damage your home in seconds.
Here are some of the causes of water leakage that can damage your home :
- Bursting and leaking of pipes: Blocked toilets or drains can cause pressure in the pipeline which will make it burst or leaked. If the pipes are old or rusted, they can also burst and cause water leakage.
- Plumbing problem: Plumbing issues can also cause water leakage as the pipes inside the walls are hard to detect from where they started leaking, after time if not caught can damage drywall and flooring.
- Heavy rain: Heavy rain can quickly cause roof leaks, travel into attics and insulation. Heavy rain can penetrate the ceiling drywall, and enter inside the living area of the home.
- Severe storms: Thunderstorms and strong winds and can damage the envelope of your home. Water can then quickly enter your home and cause problems to your interior structure.
- Overflowing bathtubs, toilets, and sink: Bathtubs can overflow if they are cracked or the overflow drain is disconnected inside the wall, overflowing of toilets and sink can be caused by clogged drains as these are big reasons for water damage that we get called out to clean up.
- Sewage backups or septic tank malfunctions: Sewage backups caused by clogs, tree roots, and damaged sewer lines and can cause water damage. If there is any gurgling sound or green growth on the septic tank, it is the sign of it’s malfunctioning.
What are the effects of Water Damage?
Water can cause long-term damage to your home if it is not dried out properly. It will not only damage your walls or ceiling drywall but it can also rot substrates like plywood or OSB.
It will also damage your carpets making them delaminate or wood floors making them swell or crack.
Health issues can be a concern if not treated properly as an organic building material can be a food source for mold to grow.
Here are some of the significant effects of water damage after a disaster:
• Cosmetic damage: water can easily damage your furniture in a few hours, making it sweal and leaving stains on it, as well as furniture can also damage carpet and its backing.
• Structural damage: once water enters the home, it can start to damage your walls and ceilings, leaving stains on them and making them structurally weak. After a time, the walls and ceiling can begin to crack, and the paint or texture may start to peel off.
• Mold growth: The growth of mold is a health hazard, as it can start to grow within a few days given the right conditions. So make sure to clean up any visible water as fast as possible to protect your home as well as your health.
• Damage to electrical system: As the water touches your electrical outlets or switches the risk of danger increases as well as the increase of cost of repair. It is highly recommended to call a licensed electrician for this work as he knows how to deal with it.
• Damage to appliances: now that appliances are basically running on computer systems, water can damage your home appliances and cause a problem in their circuitry, electronics, and motors making them expensive to repair or may require replacement.
• Damage personal items: Water can easily ruin your contents such as books, photographs, musical instruments as well electronics making the cost of repair or replacement increase.
What is Water Damage Repair Services?
It may need to go without saying but, the longer water stays untreated, it will start to increase the cost of repair, so it is necessary to deal with it out as soon as possible.
By Calling Insurance Restoration Pro, you will have licensed experts and special equipment that can dry your home out and repair the damage it caused and can give you peace of mind the work was done Professionally.
What are the Water Restoration and Cleanup Services?
The Water Damage Restoration specialist knows how to solve your problem and where to start, as every process includes various steps.
- Removal of water: The first step is to remove the water from the house and to stop it from causing any more damage. This will include finding and shutting off the water source, extracting the visible water from the floors, and cavities.
- Removing the damaged items: Then the next step is to remove all the damaged items from the house which may include drywall, flooring, cabinetry, and trim work.
- Sanitizing and deodorizing: Sanitizing is essential because whenever there has been water touching different types of surfaces with potential food sources for bacteria growth, it is necessary to treat those surfaces to prevent possible mold colonizing.
- Drying out: Next is to dry out the whole house using specialty drying equipment that is monitored and documented by trained technicians. Depending on the size of the areas needing to be dried out, This process may take approximately a week.
- Reconstruction: It is the last step in which after removing the water, damaged items, drying out the whole house, and making the home odorless and hygienic now it’s time for the reconstruction of walls, ceilings, and furniture. Essentially bringing your home back to pre-loss condition.
How much will it cost after the restoration of the damage?
Water damage cost depends upon the amount of damage and what was damaged. It is totally understandable to be concerned about the cost of the damage to your home, that is why this might be a crucial time to reach out to Insurance Restoration Pro to help you through this whole process.
We will carefully and kindly walk you through the entire process from start to finish. We will work with your Insurance company and Adjuster to ease your mind and take the pressure off of you.
Factors that help you to determine the cost of Water Damage:
There are some of the basic features which help you to predict the overall cost of the water damage. Each factor can increase the cost of water damage.
- Source of water: The cost of water damage may depend on the source of water, meaning where the water came from initially.
Either from the burst pipe that contained clean water.
Sewer system or toilet overflow, or some natural disaster like rainwater or storm system failure around the perimeter of your home.
These tend to be the main sources of water damage.
- Amount of water: The amount of water spilling into your home can determine the cost of the damage as well. It can come from a dripping shut off valve that supplies your toilet (Not usually a lot of damage), to a broken or burst water supply pipe which will release hundreds or thousands of gallons. The more water, the more will be the cost of repair.
- Size of Area: The affected areas can also increase the cost of the restoration process. If only a corner of 1 room is damaged it will cost less then 3 or 4 damaged rooms.
- Length of time: The cost of water damage may also depend on the amount of time the water sat before it was treated and started to dry out.
- Contents: Contents can vary in value, from pricy artwork and expensive exotic flooring. The value can be factored by monetary or sentimental. Each can be high depending on the situation hence increasing the cost.
- Mold: Mold is one of the dangerous material that grows inside the home because of water, mold remediation may be expensive procedures depending on the amount and where it is located.
This would be recommended to have a professional Like Insurance Restoration Pro to remove it properly.
- Amount of reconstruction: The amount of repair costs directly result from the amount of damage due to water.
Will Home Insurance cover my Water damage?
Most home insurance policies provide Restoration mitigation after water damage but depending upon the reason.
Home insurance companies will typically repair the resulting damage from a covered water source.
However, We Recommend you contact your Insurance Broker or Insurance Company to confirm all coverage questions you may have.
We would be more than happy to speak with them on your behalf to explain the source, cause, and amount of damage your home sustained.
Why hire a Water Restoration Company in Chilliwack and the Fraser Valley?
If you live in Chilliwack or the Fraser Valley and have suffered any water damage to your home and you are thinking to clean it up yourself but feel overwhelmed and do not know what to do, Please call Insurance Restoration Pro immediately!
We provide 24-hour emergency service with an immediate response. Our workers are licensed, professional, and use proper equipment, and we will work with your insurance company too.